Terms And Conditions
1. Copyright and limited reproduction notices: The full contents of the Site are the copyright of NZTE or suppliers to it. No part of the Site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose and you are not permitted to incorporate the material or any part of it in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form) without the prior written consent of NZTE. No part of the Site may be reproduced, transmitted or stored (including in any other website or other electronic form), with the exception that you may print extracts from the Site only for your own personal or internal business use, and send links that comply with the Linking by User paragraph below.
2. Linking by NZTE: The contents of the Site may include links to third party materials (Linked Sites). NZTE will not be responsible for the contents of any Linked Site or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by you from accessing, using, relying on or trading with third parties. These links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply NZTE’s endorsement of the Linked Sites or any association with their operators.
3. Linking by User: If you comply with NZTE’s linking policy, you may include links to this Site from your website. NZTE reserves the right to prohibit your linking to this Site at any time, and you must immediately remove or cease any link at NZTE’s request. You will not frame any part of the Site material by including advertising or other revenue generating material. The Site logo is copyright and can only be used with permission. For a copy of the further requirements of NZTE’s linking policy or to request permission to use the NZTE logo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Use of the Site: You agree not to act in any way, or use, or attempt to damage or interfere with the Site including, without limit, introducing any virus, item or device which may damage, interfere with, impair or otherwise adversely affect the Site. You will not use the Site other than for proper purposes and you will comply with all applicable laws.
5. Registration: To become a registered user of the Site, you must complete the registration process by providing NZTE with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form. NZTE reserves the right to reject any application for registration.
6. User name and password: If you are a registered user on the Site, you may only log-in using your user name and password. You are responsible for keeping your user name and password secure and for notifying NZTE at email@example.com immediately upon becoming aware of disclosure of your user name and password to a third party. You are responsible for all use of the Site made using your user name and password.
7. Access: Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to NZTE, NZTE may, at its sole discretion and without notice, limit your activities on the Site, issue a warning to you, suspend or terminate your ability to access the Site if you breach these terms and conditions, or if NZTE considers it appropriate for any reason whatsoever.
8. Disclaimer: The Site makes certain information and material available to you as a service, either through NZTE, its suppliers or otherwise. You acknowledge that NZTE does not offer any opinion with respect to the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular transaction or strategy. Use of the Site or information contained on the Site is at your own risk and NZTE is not responsible for any adverse consequences arising out of such use. NZTE reserves the right to change the information on the Site at any time.
11. Law: These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
12. No representations: The availability of information or the facilitation of transactions on the Site does not constitute a recommendation by NZTE or any other person into any transaction. If you enter into any transaction subsequent to accessing the Site, you do so entirely in reliance on your own judgement and inquiries and not in reliance on any statements, warranties or representations made to you or to any other person by or on behalf of NZTE. You release NZTE from all claims arising from any statement or representation made on the Site. Accordingly all express or implied warranties and representations are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
13. Professional advice: NZTE strongly recommends that you confirm any information appearing on the Site relating to a particular transaction. NZTE also recommends that potential contracting parties discusses their particular requirements and consult their professional advisors before proceeding with transactions.
14. Contact: If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to the Site or these terms and conditions please contact NZTE by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Collection: NZTE may gather two types of information about you from the Site: (a) personal or commercial information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services NZTE offers; and (b) aggregate information generated by NZTE’s systems, which track traffic to the Site but do not relate to you personally or commercially. Failure to provide necessary personal or commercial information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
2. Disclosure of information: NZTE may disclose: (a) any information that NZTE gathers about you to the Ministry of Science & Innovation (MSI) and the other partners in NZTE’s Regional Business Partner Network; (b) any information that NZTE gathers about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with additional services; (c) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally or commercially identify you, to third parties; (d) your personal or commercial information to third parties, when NZTE believes in good faith that NZTE is required to do so by law; (e) your personal or commercial information to third parties, provided NZTE has your prior authorisation, which NZTE will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
3. Use: NZTE uses the personal and commercial information it collects: (a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of NZTE’s registration services; (b) to assist in providing the services requested by you; (c) to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which NZTE considers may be of interest to you; (d) in anonymised form, to support statistical analysis and New Zealand business development, including market research and surveys; (e) for ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests; (f) for any purpose permitted by the Regional Business Partner Network registration terms (if applicable); and (g) for any other use that you authorise.
5. Content providers, advertisers and partners: NZTE does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Site and to whom you provide personal or commercial information whilst using the Site or services. The Site contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as NZTE. NZTE recommends that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal or commercial information to any third party.
6. Opting in and opting out: If NZTE’s intended collection, use or disclosure of your personal or commercial information is outside the collection, use or disclosure set out in this Privacy Statement NZTE will give you the option to: (a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or (b) opt in to agree to be contacted by NZTE in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Site, beta testing or promotional activities.
7. Holding, correcting and updating: Any personal or commercial information that you provide to NZTE will be collected and held by NZTE and/or its authorised agents and associates, including but not limited to MSI and the NZTE Regional Business Partners. If you are an individual, under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that NZTE holds. NZTE offers the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how NZTE services work or regarding this statement, contact NZTE by sending an email to email@example.com
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner.