Full day facilitated workshop 9am-4pm
“It is the set of the sail, not the direction of the wind that determines which way we will go” - Jim Rohn
In tumultuous times, businesses need a strong captain at the helm to ensure they move in the right direction.
Great leaders increase engagement, empowering staff to take ownership and improve performance. They also minimise expensive turnover.
Leadership is not an innate quality: it can be learned, developed and improved. And it is more necessary than ever with a recent international Gallup survey reporting that 85% of workers are either “not engaged” with their work or “actively disengaged”.
This workshop is not just about preventing disengagement, it is about recognising the potential in each member of the business and empowering them to do their best work consistently.
By growing the people inside, the business itself flourishes.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe types of motivation and their benefits and risks
- Choose appropriate motivation strategies in a range of contexts
- Discuss core human needs and how to satisfy these
- Set learning goals and outcome goals
- Use strategies to enable staff to take ownership of their goals
- Recognise basic personality types and discuss similarities and differences related to motivation, learning styles and support
- List attributes of a strong leader
- Identify when and how to delegate to improve productivity and capability
- Apply coaching strategies to enable competence
- Practice improvisational tools to improve listening skills
- Establish open lines of communication and opportunities for shared ideas
- Present expectations and timelines
- Describe lead and lag measures and how to track these to improve performance
As the state of the world causes businesses to pivot, it is essential to have strong leadership to steady the ship. Now is the time to invest in leadership development.
Private Business Workshop:
$1200 + GST (maximum 6 people).
$300 + GST per person (minimum 2 people, maximum 6 people).