Learn how to make better business decisions with Innovation Insight Coaching.
James & Wells’ Innovation Insight Coaching is a one-on-one training program that will provide you and your team with skills and knowledge to leverage intellectual property tools and data to improve business outcomes.
Using a practical real example approach, our coaches will educate you on how to extract insights from publicly available intellectual property data. These insights can identify competitor threats, determine where to allocate R&D resources, identify potential licensing and collaboration opportunities, and provide valuable information for strategic planning and decision making.
Who is it for?
Any business that is investing in R&D or growth, including emerging and established exporters or other companies with a strong innovation focus.
For example, our coaching is relevant to an exporter entering a new market, or an established company commencing a new R&D project or looking to diversify its product range.
Learning outcomes and tools
Innovation Insight Coaching programs are customised to a business’ specific needs using James & Wells’ Innovation Insights reports as a learning platform. These include Technology Insight, Competitor Insight, and Comparative Competitive Insight reports.
The learning outcomes depend on the coaching framework used to deliver the Innovation Insights Coaching program. The bespoke framework will help you learn to:
Specific business need and learning outcomes
• Identify if others are investing in this technology
• Determine if a technology space is crowded
• Determine if you need to develop new products to keep up with competitors
• Optimise your ROI in research and development
• Predict future technology directions and changes in a technology space
• Identify partnership / licensing opportunities
• Identify your competitors
• Understand what your competitors are investing in
• Determine if your commercial advantage is unique
• Determine if this new product is in the right technology space
• Improve your ROI on research and development
Comparative Competitive Analysis • Understand how your competitors are trying to differentiate themselves
• Benchmark against your competitors
• Identify trends / developments before they reach the market
• Understand your competitors’ future markets / product mix
Time commitment and steps
Step 1 - Spend time with James & Wells’ coaches to discuss your strategic business objectives, and what technology space you are in. (Up to 2 hours)
Step 2 - Based on your input, James & Wells’ coaches will create a bespoke framework using a range of intellectual property data tools. (No time investment needed from you)
Step 3 – Coaching session (1-3 hours)
Cost of service
Innovation Insight coaching costs range from $2,500 - $10,000 + GST depending on specific business requirements.